Sovereign Sailing Club Jubilee Document from 1985
This booklet details for the formation of the Artisans Sailing Club in 1935 and includes many facts, figures and dates that make for an interesting read. Some of the key facts from the below include:
- Income and expenditure from 1939, with mention to local business Brewers
- During WWII the clubhouse was used by the army
- In 1966 the Association of East Sussex sailing clubs was formed (The Federation)
- You can see the building of our current clubhouse
- 1972 – Regatta winner was current member Keith Murphy (Spud)
- 1974 – We Joined the RYA
- 1975 – The first Bar license was obtained
- 1977 – Member Bill Short became the Moth World Champion
- Member Cathy Foster was the 420 World Champion and went onto to become the first lady to represent her country in the Olympics of 1984 in the 470 Class.
Below are the images from the document, please do have a look!
Special thanks to Nick Hart for providing this document for us all to see.